I’ve got a list of jobs to do as long as my arm. And, I’ve got long arms.
So, when an exhausted Karen fell asleep on the couch this Saturday I was faced with a dilemma: do I risk waking her up by getting the vacuum out or by putting the washing machine on?
Being the problem solver I am, I decided to let her get some much needed rest, tiptoed out to the garage and snuck off on the bike for a bit of coffeeneuring.
I expect my ‘Boyfriend of the year’ award is in the post.
- Where I went: For coffeeneuring ride #5, I went with another coffee shop sans walls in the shape of Jubilee Park in Middleton, North Manchester.
- Date I went there: Saturday 27th October 2014.
- What I drank: Nothing terribly exciting, just a small flask of strong, sweet coffee. Oh, and I grabbed a KitKat on my way out.
- A detail or two about my coffeeneuring ride: So far, almost all of my coffeeneuring rides have followed a theme of having no predetermined destination and no sense of direction. This weekend’s ride was no exception. I went down the road to drop off a parcel, turned around, rode up the hill a bit, changed my mind, turned left, changed my mind again, explored a trail I’ve been meaning to ride down for months, found it went nowhere, turned around, rode through the park a bit, changed my mind, rode around the park a bit more, rode down the river for a few miles, rode into the city centre (on a Saturday evening!), rode along the canal for about an hour and then finally settled on a spot in a surprisingly nice little park. I found myself a good spot where I could lean the bike, sit on the wall, drink my coffee, eat my KitKat and wonder why nobody else was out enjoying the park.
- Bike friendliness of the locale: Well, like all public places in the UK, there was the usual lack of ANYTHING to lock one’s bike to and, as I rode down the hill out of the park, I was surprised by the lack of smooth ramps – naturally, I just rode down the steps.
- Mileage: *shrug* 25 maybe?
- Must visit: Yes. Well, it’s not necessary for you to visit Jubilee Park (although you can if you wish), but I am highly recommending you head out to your local park and just sit, enjoying a coffee and the quiet… until your phone rings and you have to sheepishly explain where you’ve escaped to.