Rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
That said, I would like to apologise to the loyal followers of lifeinthecyclelane for the unprecedented break in service. I’d like to say this has been due to the fact I’ve been spending every free moment out on my bike… I’d like to say a lot of things. Truth be told, pesky real life has been rather getting in the way of things recently.
But, it’s not been all housework, chores, family visits, driving lessons and farmers’ markets (don’t ask)… There have been quite a few exciting cycling related developments over here at lifeinthecyclelane HQ of late and, real life permitting, whatever passes for normal service around here will soon resume.
If you think you can control yourselves, just consider these uber exciting upcoming posts / features:
- The dubiously welcome return of ‘Random stuff people were searching for when they landed here trivia!’ with, seeing as I’ve been AWOL for about a month, a special one-off month long special. I know, right?
- A few gems from the ‘What I’ve been reading Wednesdays (or whatever day it happens to be when I’m writing this)’ archives. I’m somewhat behind in keeping up with the blogs I read, let alone the one I write!
- pink – I’m particularly looking forward to this one; not only do we get to listen to Aerosmith but you get to read all about one of my latest custom bike builds. Readers of a nervous disposition should consult a medical expert before tuning in.
- paint it black – I think officially the first appearance by the mighty (and wrinkly) Rolling Stones; this’ll be one for all the Surly Troll owners, anyone looking for a 60mm wide full wrap mudguard, anyone who’s ever rattled their SKS Commuters to bits at 30mph on an old railway bed and just about anyone else who reads the post by accident.
- basket case – A nice bit of Green Day, of course and the story of one girl’s bike that has spent more of its life in the workstand than on the trails.
- broken down – The obligatory lifeinthecyclelane grunge accompaniment to my disturbingly literal blow by blow account of how [not] to fit Froggleg cantilever brakes, brought to you by the rather angry and rather brilliant JJ72.
- simple man – Now, as a rule, I don’t think cover versions of songs are a good thing but in this case, I’m afraid the Shinedown version is just SO much better than the Lynyrd Skynyrd one. Anyway, we shall be asking some of life’s most important questions:
- What happens when your favourite bike shop has a 2nd birthday celebration?
- What would a Krampus cake look / taste like?
- Vegan pizza, really?
- Is Corona better with or without lime?
- What’s it like to have the guys from Surly tell you they were checking out your Troll? Yes, you did read that part right.
Right now, this is where I’m headed:
(Karen’s out for the night and so am I!)